This homework page is dedicated to helping all of us learn how to practically apply what we’ve been hearing during our Weekend Messages. Here we’ll list things we can do individually and as a church in response to what we’ve heard. We hope you’ll find this useful in growing in your relationship with God and with others.
- Get in a LifeGroup and begin to find a place to serve. You can’t get into deeper relationships in God’s church simply sitting here on Sunday morning. Bluntly? If you’ve been attending here for more than a year and you haven’t gotten into a small group or you’re not serving somewhere… what’s the point? We want to really encourage you to BE the Church, not just attend it. That’s scary to say, because we know saying that could cause attendance and giving to drop… but we’re not as interested in that as we are your spiritual growth and health.
- Pray and read your Bible daily. We’re going to post things daily to pray about and a Bible reading schedule online. Visit our Facebook page to get involved.
- Commit to not missing a Sunday unless you are working or out of town. This isn’t one of those things you can do on your own. We need you here because this challenge can only be done with all of us together.
Take the quiz and go over the list of 10 things that indicate your first love. Then write down ways you’d like to change and some actions that would allow that to happen.
- Devotion to prayer: sign up to pray with our 30 Day Prayer Commitment
- Attentiveness in prayer: set an alarm to remind you to pray every hour.
- Persistence in prayer: check in on Facebook to see what you can pray about and let us know that you prayed by following the link, checking the box, and submitting it to us so we can encourage others who’ve made this commitment.
- Supernaturally powered: spend as much time listening as talking in your prayer time.
- Expectancy in prayer: keep a journal and log your requests, praises and answered prayers.